Sunday, July 17, 2011

These times are hard and they're making us crazy

Today I wrote.  I had just listened to From the First Time by The Script for the third time in a row and I was about to listen to it again when I picked up a pen and piece of paper and decided to write. I felt awkward because my mind was racing looking for a topic to write about. I knew I had to just do it. So I did. And it felt good.

That was a bit of an intro. Well the point is that I wrote about myself. As I wrote, I realized it was vital that I figure out who I am because I do not know. It's a growing problem that I have decided I should begin to fix. This past year I began to question beliefs I stood for and the reasons behind my actions and all sorts of interesting things like that. And I realized that who I was is not who I am. Yet I had no clue who the new me was. So I'm accepting I need to do some soul searching.

My idea that I wrote about included making a list. The list would include facts I knew to be true of myself. And maybe that wouldn't allow me to discover the new me, but at least I could figure out what is left of the old me.

Well here I go..

I love the morning. I get way too mad at myself when I lose things. I love dark blue and purple nail polish. My sisters are my best friends. I am about to eat some Buddy's pizza.

Hmmm.. how was that? A good start? I hope.. maybe I should put more effort into projects that are actually important to me. Oh yeah, to add to the list.. I am lazy.

But I seriously am going to Buddy's Pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment